** Candidates must live within commuting distance to Woodstock, CT or Franklin, MA.**
We are seeking an experienced Drafter/Designer/Estimator. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years proven experience and a thorough knowledge of residential design. Experience with Revit, CAD, Softplan a plus.
The position of Drafter/Designer/Estimator is an integral part of the WBA Team and will be involved in many facets of the company to keep production running seamlessly. Estimating, pricing and issuing the timely purchase of materials; this position is a key point of contact for builders in the field, our trades, and our success. This position will report directly to the Architect.
If you want to work in a supportive team environment and collaborate on some amazing projects, then you should join the Woodstock Building Associates team. Our company is focused on continuously improving our processes and elevating our business. Our mission is to have a positive sustainable impact in the communities we build in. We are Woodstock, CT and Franklin, MA based custom home design build firm. We are a small family focused organization that is passionate about our mutual success. Learn more at: https://wbahomes.com/.
- Prepare designs/estimates
- Prepare preliminary drawings through construction documents
- Prepare preliminary project schedules
- Prepare paperwork and obtain construction permits
- Keep price database up to date
- Estimate change orders
- Request subcontractor and supplier quotes
- Review actual job costs against budgeted numbers
- Develop new estimating forms as required
- Source materials and subcontractors for projects
- Obtain surveys and other necessary pre-construction items
- Prepare project specifications and contracts, develop, release, and manage bid requests
- Generate material takeoffs and bids for vendors, enter data, verify accuracy, and maintain information for custom options
- Create and release purchase orders and material orders as required
- Create job start packages for each job and release to construction team
- Assist with recruiting and onboarding new trade partners, vendors, and material suppliers
- Keep office and job sites clean as need arises
- Inspect job sites to monitor progress and fill out job site reports if required
- Coordinate with superintendents and subcontractors
- Assist in providing feedback and identifying opportunities to improve costs and timelines
- 3+ years experience working in a similar capacity with either a homebuilder, commercial general contractor, or a residential trade/supplier
- The ability to work well in a supportive team environment is essential for this position
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information as well as troubleshoot and problem solve
- Knowledge of the residential construction industry including construction costs, materials, products, methods, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of design principles and proven experience with residential design (Revit, CAD, Softplan experience an asset)
- A high level of understanding of blueprints, construction drawings, specifications, and other construction documents is essential
- Experience with performing and verifying takeoffs and unit cost-based purchasing
- Customer Oriented
- Ability to multitask and prioritize several tasks without compromising quality of work or project deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and possess above average written and oral communication skills.
- Proven organization skills in a high paced work environment
- Must be technology savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
- Must be able to create Excel reports and track cost data across multiple projects.
- Experience operating cloud-based software is helpful.
- Communicate with clients
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time off