Summer Cleaning Tips
While the weather is amazing outside, take a few moments to check off some homeowner tasks.
- Change your Air Conditioning Filter
- Check the Air Conditioners drain for clogs
- Make sure your AC doesn’t have any plants growing close to it.
- Vacuum the coils behind your Fridge
- If you have a wood or vinyl floor, use a sheet of plywood when you roll your fridge out. That way you don’t mark up your floor.
- Clean your bathroom fan.
- Clean your ceiling fans.
- Verify your dryer vent is clean and clear.
- Replace your washing machine hoses every five years to prevent them from failing.
- Clean your smoke detectors of small insects.
- Repair the cracks in your driveway
- Make sure your irrigation system hits the correct areas on your lawn.
- Try running the irrigation system in the morning hours to get the best results
- Make sure your Pool gate closes and latches.
- Check your screens for damage.
- New screens allow for more light to pass thru than the older models.
- Power wash your house and deck – checking for loose connections on your decking.
- Clean your gutters.
- Check your chimney for damage.
Prior to going on vacation:
- Stop your newspaper delivery
- Set your lights on a timer.
- Turn off your AC to save on power.
- Run your dishwasher before you leave.
- Check your generator.